Student dies in motorcycle crash

UA sophomore Logan Rafeedie died Tuesday afternoon after a motorcycle accident on Interstate 19.

Rafeedie, who studied pre-neurosciences and cognitive science and physiology, was an employee at Fuel in the Student Recreation Center. His coworkers remember him as an optimistic person.

“Logan was like a brother to everybody here,” said Jennie Natoli, a psychology junior who worked with Rafeedie. “He literally lived every day like it was his last. He would come in and say, ‘It’s a really nice day today, I think I’ll ride to Flagstaff,’ and he would just get on his motorcycle and go to Flagstaff.”

Rafeedie also left over the summer on a whim to go work as a fisherman in Alaska, according to Natoli.

Keith Humphrey, the assistant vice president of Student Affairs and Dean of Students, released a statement regarding Rafeedie’s death, and a reminder about the UA’s counseling services to help those affected.

“The Dean of Students Office learned of this tragic accident shortly after it occurred. Our thoughts are with Logan’s family and those in the UA community who were close to him,” Humphrey wrote in the statement. “In situations like these we want to remind all students that feel affected by this incident to take advantage of the support offered through Counseling and Psychological Services or the Student Advocates in the Dean of Students Office.”

Natoli added that Rafeedie died doing something that made him happy.

“He loved that motorcycle,” she said. “It was all he thought about whenever he was away from it. He died doing something that he really loved to do.”