Weekly Wildcat Playlist: Disney songs

Lindsey Otto

This week, we are bringing back childhood memories and focusing on 10 songs from Disney movies, with no more than one song per movie. These songs were chosen based on the song’s composition and the animations that go along with the song. Check out the playlist below for some of Disney’s best songs:

1. “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” by Elton John

Let’s start off the playlist with this Grammy-nominated masterpiece from “The Lion King.” This is a romantic ballad from the movie between two childhood friends who reunite and fall in love.

2. “Prince Ali” by Robin Williams

Sung by Robin Williams, this song is extremely catchy and one of the few songs that contains comedy in the movie “Aladdin.” Street rat Aladdin wishes to be a prince so he can marry the princess he fell in love with. To impress her with the genie’s help, he comes into town with a parade. The genie’s magic helps Aladdin transform into many different people to keep the song going. This is a good song with lots of laughs.

via GIPHY

RELATED: Weekly Wildcat Playlist: Back to school

3. “On My Way” by Phil Collins

We can’t have a Disney countdown without Phil Collins. This song was from “Brother Bear,” which takes place in the American Northwest. This song is shown with a good animation style in the movie and has a catchy beat.

4. “I’ll Make A Man Out of You” by Donny Osmond

To save her father from going to war, Mulan runs away to fight the Huns in the movie “Mulan.” Being one of the most daring Disney females, she enters the army trying to pass off as a man. In this song, she figures out that you have to train hard to be a soldier.

5. “That’s How You Know” by Amy Adams

In 2007, Disney brought its movies into live action with “Enchanted.” In this musical, Princess Giselle is lost in New York and has to find her prince. In the song, she tells her new friend how to make sure someone loves you. This song has everything a Disney movie should. People dance in the street and mariachi bands play trumpets. It’s catchy with great visuals.

6.  “Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride” by Mark Keali’i Ho’omalu and Kamehameha Schools Children’s Chorus

This next song is from the movie “Lilo and Stitch.” It gives that family-time vibe and is fun. The song shows the bond between Lilo and her family and helps Stitch learn the value of family.

via GIPHY

7.  “Jungle Rhythm” by Haley Joel Osment, Mae Whitman and Connor Funk

This fascinating song is from the movie “The Jungle Book 2.” This is a ballad with a good beat. Seeing all the kids acting like animals will make you want to join and be part of the fun. This song makes you feel the jungle rhythm.

8. “The Bells Of Notre Dame” by Paul Kandel, Tony Jay, David Ogden Stiers, English National Opera and Cornell University Chorus

This is one of the best ways to open a Disney movie. The opening of “The Hunchback Of Notre Dame” is scary as it tells the story of the origin of the hunchback. The song has an Intense tone, but it’s a good track.

RELATED: Weekly Wildcat playlist: Old hits revived as new covers

9. “Zero to Hero” by Lillias White, LaChanze, Cheryl Freeman, Roz Ryan, Vaneese Thomas and Tawatha Agee

One of my favorite things about “Hercules” is the music, especially that by the Muses. They have an amazing way to tell a story with a great beat and vocals. This is one of the best songs, as it shows how Hercules rose to fame by protecting Greece from all those monsters sent to him by Hades. It’s a great song with entertaining graphics reminding us that Wonder Boy will have our back.

via GIPHY

10. “I 2 I” by Tevin Campbell

The best way to end the playlist is with this catchy pop tune from “A Goofy Movie.” It sounds like a combination of Michael Jackson and Prince. After settling their differences, Max and Goofy go to the Powerline concert to try to get Max on stage. This song shows a great performance by Powerline, as well as some slick dance moves from Goofy.

Follow The Daily Wildcat on Twitter