Fraternity Kappa Sigma kicked off campus

Heather Newberry
The University of Arizona’s Old Main building on campus.

Another fraternity has been kicked off of the University of Arizona campus.

Kappa Sigma fraternal organization, whose house is located on campus on Greek Row at 1423 E. First Street, was removed for multiple violations of the Arizona Board of Regents Student Code of Conduct, according to a university press release.

“University of Arizona officials have withdrawn university recognition of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity,” the release said. “Effective immediately, Kappa Sigma must cease all activity on the UA campus.”

According to the press release, an investigation by the Dean of Students Office uncovered evidence of alcohol being served at unsanctioned parties, assaults by members on hired security personnel and a fund that had been established by members with the purpose of concealing illegal activities from the UA.

“This behavior is unfortunate, dangerous and not reflective of the university’s values,” said Dean of Students Kendal Washington White. “Our 600 student organizations play a significant role in the retention and graduation of students via fellowship, leadership opportunities, philanthropy and scholarship, preparing students for the workforce and continued service in the community.”

While the organization has been suspended from the UA, according to the press release, the fraternity’s national headquarters will be eligible to apply for reinstatement on campus starting in 2023.

This story is developing. Please follow the Daily Wildcat on social media and online for further updates.

Follow Eddie Celaya on Twitter