Candidate on campus

Ernie Somoza / Arizona Daily Wildcat

Felicia Rotellini, Attorney General candidate, discusses politics with Craig Johnson, 22, Philosophy senior, on the UA mall in front of Student Union Memorial Center on Thursday, Sept. 30. Rotellini has been an arizona prosecutor for the past 23 years.
Ernie Somoza
Ernie Somoza / Arizona Daily Wildcat Felicia Rotellini, Attorney General candidate, discusses politics with Craig Johnson, 22, Philosophy senior, on the UA mall in front of Student Union Memorial Center on Thursday, Sept. 30. Rotellini has been an arizona prosecutor for the past 23 years.

Democratic attorney general candidate Felecia Rotellini greeted students and answered questions on Thursday on the UA Mall outside the Student Union Memorial Center.

Rotellini’s first visit to UA campus came in light of an effort by the UA’s Young Democrats to register voters. The candidate wanted to support the Democrats and the student voters, by “”letting them know my story,”” she said.

A career prosecutor in the attorney general’s office for 17 years, this is Rotellini’s first time running for office. The candidate enjoyed her first interaction with students, she said.

“”The students are informed, very direct, they had great questions. I think some of them were surprised to see the candidate standing there talking to them,”” she said.

Rotellini spoke with both Democrat and Republican students, who asked about her stance on border control, identity theft and her priorities if elected, such as “”prosecuting crimes including consumer fraud that preys on our retirement community, our students,”” she added.

She also confirmed attendance to a rally sponsored by the Young Democrats on the UA Mall for current attorney general and Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry Goddard, which will be held on Monday.