HALFTIME: Seattle Pacific 37, Arizona 29

After 20 minutes of play, Seattle Pacific University leads Arizona 37-29 in McKale Center.

The Wildcats have been exposed defensively as they’ve allowed the Falcons to connect on 14 of their 24 attempts (58.3 percent), most of which came in the paint. Falcons junior wing Jobi Wall leads all scorers with 17 points on 5-for-8 shooting and 3-for-5 from three.

SPU has also pounded the Wildcats on the glass, out-rebounding UA 12-10 and out-hustling it for nearly every loose ball. Despite committing eight turnovers, the Falcons continue to take advantage of a struggling Arizona defense that’s shown little interior presence between centers Kyryl Natyazhko and Sidiki Johnson.

While the Wildcats are having trouble stopping pick-and-rolls and SPU’s motion offense, they’ve also looked uninspired on the offensive side of the ball, connecting on only 9-of-23 attempts (39.1 percent) and committing nine first-half turnovers. Eight different UA players have committed a turnover.

Arizona starters Josiah Turner, Kyle Fogg, Solomon Hill, Jesse Perry and Kyryl Natyazhko jumped out to an early 6-0 lead but were outscored 37-23 for the final 17:59.

Arizona’s looked lost at times offensively and has relied on one-on-one play when the offense breaks down. The Wildcats have lacked a go-to guy who can create his own shot, and it’s resulted in no one player making more than two field goals. Solomon Hill leads the Wildcats with eight points on 2-of-3 shooting.