FINAL: Red wins 53-46 over Blue in 2014 McDonald’s Red-Blue Game

Rebecca Marie Sasnett

Arizona freshman forward Stanley Johnson (5) dunks the ball during the Red and Blue Scrimmage at McKale Center on Saturday. The red team won 53-46 against the blue team. 

Arizona men’s basketball’s more veteran laden red team won the McDonald’s Red-Blue Game, but a couple freshmen led the scoring.

The red team, which featured senior point guard T.J. McConnell, sophomore forward/guard Elliott Pitts, sophomore forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, freshman forward Craig Victor and junior center Kaleb Tarczewski in the starting lineup, won 53-46.

For the blue team, freshman forward Stanley Johnson led all scorers with 17 points and had three rebounds, and freshman center Dusan Ristic scored 14 and had two rebounds.

Freshman point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright, junior forward Brandon Ashley and sophomore guard Gabe York were the other starters for blue.

Hollis-Jefferson led the red in scoring with 13 points, was 5-for-6 from the field, made his 3-point shot and was 2-for-2 from the foul line. Victor had 12 points and two steals.

Attendance was 10,001, a sellout. The upper ring of seats was not available.

Check in tonight for a full recap of the Red-Blue Game.