UA Passport Fair offers weekend opportunity to get a passport

Courtney Talak / The Daily Wildcat

The UA Global initiatives office is currently crowdfunding to raise money to buy 35 students passports to travel abroad.

UA Global will hold one of their biannual UA Passport Fairs on Saturday, Feb. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the UA Passports Office. 

UA Passports is normally open only during the week, but they hold the fair on Saturday to give people a weekend day to get passport services. UA Passports provides new passport applications, passport renewal and additional services.

“We like to hold the fair on a Saturday for those people who are too busy and cannot come in on a weekday,” said Katie Seidl, a passport acceptance agent and UA Global administrative associate. “It is nice to just have a weekend day to come in and get it over with.”

In order to apply for a passport, proof of citizenship, a government issued photo ID and a check or money order should be brought to the fair. A two-by-two-inch color photo of the applicant is also required, but photos can be taken at UA Passports for a fee. For service fee information, visit the UA Passports fees page

According to Seidl, the UA Passport Fair brings in not only UA students, but many K-12 students as well. Passport applicants age 15 and under must have parental consent. 

RELATED: Q&A: professor discusses the impact of xenophobia on international student enrollment

Seidl said that the passport day is usually held in late February so people can get their passports processed or renewed in time for spring break and Tucson’s rodeo days. 

“If you need a passport, this is the best time to come on down,” Seidl said. 

Another UA Passport Fair is held each fall. Fifty-three passports were processed at the last fair. UA Passports processed 5,286 passports throughout 2018.

The UA Passport office is located at 935 N. Tyndall Ave. For more information, visit the UA Passports website.

Follow Marquies White on Twitter