Homecoming: Daily Wildcat alumni staff picks

Ari Wasserman,

Ohio State reporter for Cleveland.com/The Plain Dealer
Former Daily Wildcat assistant sports editor and sports reporter (2005-09)
Homecoming score: Arizona 44, Colorado 20
Why UA will win: I’m covering the Ohio State-Michigan State game, and the only place I’d rather be in the world on Saturday is Tucson ­— for reasons outside of football. But it’s hard not to like Arizona at Homecoming off a tough loss. Expect a big game from Anu Solomon and my man, C.J. — Cayleb Jones. Arizona wins big.

Kevin Zimmerman,

sports writer for SBNation
Former Daily Wildcat sports editor, summer editor-in-chief, assistant sports editor and sports reporter (2008-11)
Homecoming score: Arizona 52, Colorado 28
Why UA will win: By coming into Arizona’s Homecoming 0-6 in Pac-12 [Conference] play, the Buffs don’t need any more clarity about their situation. The Wildcats have probably researched the film after looking too casual against UCLA, and their offense should break free against one of the youngest defensive units in the nation.

Megan Coghlan,

communications assistant for Position Sports
Former Daily Wildcat co-sports editor, online sports editor and digital media editor (2012-13)
Homecoming score: Arizona 34, Colorado 17
Why UA will win: Don’t brush off the Buffaloes; they could really use a conference win. But Arizona’s loss to UCLA is likely enough to light its running game on fire against a Colorado defense that has allowed a little too many points this season.

Jeff Lund,

journalism teacher
Fomer Daily Wildcat sports editor, assistant sports and sports reporter (2000-03)
Homecoming score: Arizona 35, Colorado 17
Why UA will win: I saw a nice 3-point buck this week, which is a good omen for Arizona football. How? I don’t know, but I do know Solomon will find his touch and the WIldcats will find the running game and win.