Datebook

LECTURES/EVENTS

• Career workshop. Career fairs represent an opportunity to meet face-to-face with many potential employers in a short time. Learn how to make the best of every career fair you attend. No sign-up required. Noon. Student Union Memorial Center, Room 411
    • Writing workshop. Victoria Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss “”Style: The Importrance of Clarity.”” This lecture is part of a free semester-long series of workshops held every Monday. 5 p.m. Psychology building, Room 207
    • Info session. Information session for students interested in career opportunities and who meet specific criteria with Honeywell. 6 p.m. SUMC, Room 411
    • Lecture. “”The Oil Factor: Behind the War on Terror.”” With exclusive footage shot on location in Iraq and Afghanistan, this new film documents the spiraling violence now engulfing both countries. The importance of dwindling world oil reserves is analyzed in depth. 7 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202
    • Lecture. “”Reconciliation Ecology: Having Our Land and Sharing It, Too.”” Michael Rosenzweig, UA professor of ecology and evolutionary biology, will discuss reconciliation ecology, the concept of remodeling human habitats so that they continue not only to serve people but to support wild species as well. He will draw upon examples of this win-win ecology from his research and travels from habitats as diverse as Florida’s Elgin Air Force Base (where the endangered cockaded woodpeckers have reversed their decline), a golf course in Kansas, coffee plantations in the tropics, abandoned gas stations in inner-city Chicago, and our own backyards. 7 p.m. University Medical Center, DuVal Auditorium
    • ENTERTAINMENT/ MALL

• Chess tournament. 6 p.m. Admission $3. SUMC, Wilbur’s Underground, Games Room
    • Jewelry sale. Lady Hawk Jewelry Designs for sale. Sponsored by Catmasters. 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. UA Mall