Fast Facts

Desi Arnaz of I Love Lucy fame is the grandson of one of the gentlemen who founded rum-makers Bacardi & Company.

Armadillos always have quadruplets, and each of the babies is identical to the others.

Part of the reason that rat poison is so useful in getting rid of rats is that rats don’t have the ability to vomit, and thus can’t expel the poison from their body.

While only a few apple types are common in fruit markets, there are about 7,500 varieties of the fruit worldwide.

Bill Clinton must have felt at home seeing the U.S. Capitol building in Washington; the State Capitol building in his home state of Arkansas is a scaled-down replica of the same structure.

One of the persons indicted in 1995 for attempting to hire someone to assassinate Rev. Louis Farrakhan was Qubilah Shabazz, daughter of civil rights leader Malcolm X.

The airspace is restricted in the skies above both Disneyland in California and Walt Disney World in Florida.

In the mid-1980s, Dodge produced a limited edition, high-powered version of the Omni called the GLH. The less-than-subtle initials stood for “”Goes Like Hell.””

After selling his automobile manufacturing company in 1915, Louis Chevrolet tried his hand at other forms of transportation, designing and building both boats and airplanes.

To protect his own feet, Bruce Willis wore a prosthetic pair of foot-shaped boots over his real bare feet while filming Die Hard. These can clearly be seen in at least one point in the film.

The world record for dunking was set by Michael “”Wild Thing”” Wilson of the Harlem Globetrotters back in 2000, when he performed the feat at a height of 12 feet.

Actress Geena Davis has a Denny’s Restaurant logo on her ankle – an attempt to cover a tattoo of the first name of her ex-husband Renny Harlin.