Date Book

CAMPUS EVENTS

• Summer job and internship workshop. This workshop outlines information on possible summer experiences and information on how to acquire one that may fit your needs. 10:30 a.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Room 411
  • Engineering sustainability seminar. “”The Economics of Sustainability: Some Practical Considerations,”” by Peter Rogers from the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Harvard University. Rogers will discuss practical economic approaches to assessing sustainability development for natural resources planning and management. Noon. Free. SUMC, Catalina Room
  • Leadership workshop. “”Gender This”” will be discussed. This workshop is part of the CSIL Leadership Workshop Series. Earn a Leadership Enrichment Certificate by attending 7 workshops in three semesters or become a Certified UA Student Leader by attending 20 in three semesters. 5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Sabino Room
  • Writing workshop. Joe Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss the “”Art of Close Reading.”” This lecture is part of a free semester-long series of workshops held every Tuesday. 4 p.m. Free. Education, Room 318
  • Commuter breakfast. Free coffee, donuts and juice are offered free for breakfast. 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Free. SUMC, Commuter Student Lounge
  • ENTERTAINMENT

• Film: “”Lumumba””: Sponsored by the Africana Studies Department, this film discusses the true story of the rise to power and brutal assassination of the formerly vilified and later redeemed leader of the independent Congo, Patrice Lumumba. A discussion will follow the film. Should you like to observe and are not enrolled in AFAS 300, contact the Africana Studies Department prior to the screening. 5 p.m. Free. Integrated Learning Center, Room 141
  • UApresents: Ivan Lins’ work will be performed tonight. His style incorporates medleys of jazz and Brazilian pop. 7:30 p.m. $10-$37. Centennial Hall
  • Revelations and Excavations. Art exhibit featuring the abstract oil and mixed media on canvas works of Elizabeth Quinn-Worrall. The exhibit focuses on the multiple layers of the feminine journey. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Union Gallery
  • Phantasmagoria. Art exhibit featuring the works of student artist Yumiko Omata. All day. Free. SUMC, Kachina Gallery
  • Poker. Compete in No Limit Texas Hold ’em. 6 p.m. $3. SUMC, Games Room
  • Pool tournament. Compete in a pool tournament. 6 p.m. $3. SUMC, Games Room