Quick Hits

Last day to drop, GRO

Today is the last day to drop a course and have it eliminated from your schedule using WebReg.

Students can still drop courses after today, but the transcripts will show a W. Beginning tomorrow, dropping a class will require permission from an instructor. Today is also the last day to file to GRO a class.

Death Cab, Franz Ferdinand to rock Centennial Hall

Seattle emo darlings Death Cab for Cutie and Scottish rockers Franz Ferdinand will stop through Tucson on their North American spring headlining tour and perform at Centennial Hall Monday, March 27.

Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Centennial Hall Main Box Office, in addition to being available at www.uapresents.org and 621-3341 starting at noon.

Student ticket prices range from $15 to $35 and public tickets will go from $20 to $37.

– Zach Colick

Steve Forbes to talkeconomy at student union

Former presidential candidate Steve Forbes, who is synonymous with Forbes magazine, will speak on issues such as the nation’s economy tomorrow at 5 p.m in the Student Union Memorial Center’s South Ballroom.

The event is sponsored by the Associated Students of the University of Arizona’s Speakers Board. Forbes will speak on various topics, field questions from the audience and hold a book signing immediately following the speech.

Admission is free to students and the public.

Questions can be fielded to Carrie Pixler, Speakers Board director, 621-4671 or speakersboard@gmail.com.

– Zach Colick

Iranian Nobel Peace Prize winner to lecture tonight

Shirin Ebadi, winner of the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize, will present a public lecture at 6 p.m. today in the South Ballroom of the Student Union Memorial Center.

The lecture, “”Islam, Human Rights and Democracy in Iran,”” will be spoken in Persian but translated to English.

Ebadi, a lawyer and one of Iran’s first female judges in the 1970s, campaigns internationally for peaceful solutions to social problems.

For more information about the event, call 626-1629.