Quick Hits

Teach For America info session

Teach For America is having an informational session tonight at 7 p.m. in the Student Union Memorial Center Catalina Room.

The organization is a corps of recent college graduates who commit two years to teach in low-income public schools and work toward establishing true educational equity for all American children.

For more information, contact Sean Aiken, 891-7591.

Chance to meet ASUA candidates today

UA students’ first chance to meet candidates running for student government positions this semester is today from 11 a.m to 1 p.m. on the UA Mall.

Free Eegee’s will be available to all students during the “”Candidate Expo,”” according to the elections commissioner.

Official campaigning started today at 4 a.m., giving candidates 13 full days to compete for votes to make it past primary elections on Feb. 20 and 21.

– Wells Brambl

Eller fashion show and raffle tonight

Delta Sigma Pi, a professional business fraternity, and the Eller Pre-Professional Students Association are putting on the Dress Like a Pro Fashion Show, which will be held at 7 p.m. in the Social Sciences building, Room 100.

This is the time of year when students begin interviewing for jobs, and the fashion show will highlight the dos and don’ts of wearing business attire.

It will also offer tips on how to give a good impression during an interview.

Over $500 in prizes, including a basketball signed by the men’s basketball team and coaching staff, will be raffled off during the event.

The 22 prizes include items form Clinique, Sam Hughes Place, Starr Pass Country Club & Spa, Marcusi Beauty Spa, T.G.I. Friday’s, A’s Designs, goclothing, Pei Wei Asian Diner and Cheba Hut “”Toasted”” Subs. A name will be drawn every five minutes to claim a prize.

Admission to the event is $3 and includes one raffle ticket. Additional raffle tickets can be purchased inside.

All money will be used by the two organizations to pay for workshops and recruiting events put on throughout the year.

– Holly Wells

Steve Forbes to speak at UA

Former presidential candidate Steve Forbes, who is synonymous with Forbes magazine, will speak on issues such as the nation’s economy tonight at 5 p.m. in the SUMC South Ballroom.

The event is sponsored by the Associated Students of the University of Arizona Speakers Board. Forbes will speak on various topics, field questions from the audience and will hold a book signing immediately following the speech.

Admission is free to students and the public.

Questions can be fielded to Carrie Pixler, Speakers Board director, 621-4671 or speakersboard@gmail.com.

– Zach Colick