Two ‘Hip’ Eateries in Tucson

Time+Market%2C+a+grocery+store+and+restaurant+located+on+University+Blvd.%2C+displays+neon+signs+highlighting+their+specialty+wood+fired+pizza.+
Laurel Bluechel
Time Market, a grocery store and restaurant located on University Blvd., displays neon signs highlighting their specialty wood fired pizza.

Time Market, a hip grocery store that serves a wide variety of food ranging from wood-fired pizza, fresh sandwiches, espresso, beer and wine, is a hot spot for students and local community members, according to the Tucson Weekly.

“With a friendly staff and reasonable prices, Time Market is a longtime Tucson favorite,” Tucson Weekly wrote.

Open daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., the market is a place where students and community members are encouraged to enjoy healthy food, according to its website. 

The market uses sources of local produce in all the food it serves and partners with local vendors to produce the coffee, goods and organic wines sold there.

RELATED: UA laboratory educates students, community on tree-based science

“Time Market is a great place to people-watch because it attracts all of Tucson’s strongest characters,” said Mariel McSherry, a Tucson local. 

McSherry has been living in Tucson for 10 years and has shared some memories with Time Market.

“One time I had coffee, chocolate and wine for breakfast with my boyfriend when I was having a rough day; I may or may not have been wrapped in a blanket,” McSherry said. 

Time Market encourages its customers to try its wood-fired pizza, made with in-house ingredients. 

Time Market is located at 444 E. University Blvd.

RELATED: OPINION: Vegan is the best way to live

Crave Coffee Bar is another eatery in Tucson and “has become a favorite hangout for coffee connoisseurs, poets, writers or anyone who enjoys a great beverage,” according to its website.

A Grilled Chicken Sandwich (pictured above), with pepper jack cheese, chipotle aioli, tomato, and spinach served on flatbread, at Crave Coffee Bar.

The interior is bright and airy, with fresh coffee and a wide variety of pastries and sandwiches available to its customers.

Open until 9 p.m., it aims to be a study spot, breakfast place, eatery and hangout, according to Jake Becker, a frequent customer at the café. 

“Coming from Boston, I have always had a thing for cafés,” Becker said.

The café’s coffee selection varies in milk and espresso to some in-house specials, including a green tea latte.

Crave roasts their coffee beans in-house and specializes in making syphon coffee. 

Syphon brewing is a method that involves a vacuum coffee maker, which brews coffee using two chambers where vapor pressure and a vacuum produce coffee. 

Using the two chambers, the bottom one fills slowly with water, boils and then rises to the top chamber where the ground coffee is. Once the heat is turned off, this water vapor goes through a filter that returns the water to the bottom.

“When I walked into Crave, I instantly knew it wouldn’t be my last time in here. I am happy I found this awesome place,” Becker said. 

Crave Coffee Bar is located at 4530 E. Broadway Blvd.

Follow Daily Wildcat on Twitter