No. 8 Arizona WBB vs. No. 19 Oregon preview

Nathanial Stenchever

The Arizona women’s basketball team huddles before the game on Dec. 12, in McKale Center. The Wildcats went into the half up 35-32.

The Arizona women’s basketball team plays the University of Oregon at home on Friday, Feb. 4 at 8 p.m. MST. 

The last matchup between these two was a heated one with Oregon coming up with a huge win 68-66. Things got heated between the two head coaches, which led to head coach Adia Barnes making an angry gesture towards Oregon’s head coach. 

Arizona point guard Shaina Pellington put out a tweet explaining her side of the story. 

“My coach had EVERY reason to defend herself last night. She was cussed at, and called out of her name in the most VULGAR ways the ENTIRE game by Kelly. We could hear it from the floor while PLAYING, in the most HOSTILE environment. He needs to be held accountable. Simple,” Pellington said.

Head coach Adia Barnes was asked about how she will prevent emotions from affecting this game. 

“I don’t think it’s a game with super high emotions. I think it’s a game that we know we need to win,” Barnes said. 

Arizona has opened the upper deck for this game, expecting a large crowd and announced that the game was a whiteout. 

Follow Devin Homer on Twitter