’22 Trester Festival for Latin American Piano Music is back for second year

Savannah Douglas

A Steinway and Sons grand piano on stage in the University of Arizona’s Centennial Hall in 2013.

The 2022 Trester Festival for Latin American Piano Music will take place on March 18 and 19 in Crowder Hall on campus. 

The festival, hosted by the University of Arizona Fred Fox School of Music, is returning to campus for its second year.

Artists and composers include Luis Sanchez, Andrés Jaramillo and Jorge A. Salazar. Information on the performers’ showtimes and musical background can be found on the Fred Fox Music website. 

The festival will kick off at 7:30 p.m. today.

RELATED: Tucson hip-hop festival returns after COVID-19 hiatus

“This year’s Trester Festival for Latin American music will feature a student competition on Friday evening followed by a full day of events on Saturday, including a master class and two lecture-recitals,” said Daniel Linder, a UA piano professor. “The lecture-recitals at 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Saturday will highlight piano music from Colombia and Argentina. These two events are a great opportunity to hear introductions and insights on the music being performed by our guest artists.” 

Admission to the Trester Festival is free and open to the public. All events also will be streamed online. For more information on the competition and artists, visit the Fred Fox music website.   

*El Inde Arizona is a news service of the University of Arizona School of Journalism.

Follow the Daily Wildcat on Twitter