Arizona soccer to host Texas Tech

Nathanial Stenchever

Number 6 Megan Chelf, a Sophomore on the University of Arizona Women’s Soccer team, makes a pass to a teammate while a defender from Texas Tech follows at the Murphey Field at Mulcahy Soccer Stadium on Sept. 9. The Wildcats would go on to lose the game 1-2. 

The Arizona soccer team will be playing Texas Tech University on Thursday, Sept. 7, at 7:00 p.m. at Murphey Field at Mulcahy Soccer Stadium in Tucson

The Wildcats last matchup against the Red Raiders was on Aug. 21, 2022. The game resulted in a 1-0 victory for Arizona

The Red Raiders’ current record is 5-0-1, while the Wildcats stand at 2-1-2. This game should be an interesting matchup. Arizona’s offense in the game against Kent State came out aggressively, putting five goals in the back of their net. Key players to watch include captains Megan Chelf, Nicole Dallin and Hope Hisey

In Hisey’s last game in the Sun Devil Classic against Boise State University, she reached her 300th career save in the 48th minute. 

Hisey’s confidence as a senior leader on the team has shown immensely in the games, making impressive saves. 

Arizona soccer was chosen to finish sixth in the 2023 Pac-12 Preseason Coaches Poll. Among the fresh faces added to the team who have been given playing time, is midfielder Shanti Weddington, along with defenders Aranda Hurge and Marissa Arnst

Tickets are still available for purchase.

Follow the Daily Wildcat on Instagram and Twitter/X