Date Book

Campus Events

• Resume writing workshop. Your resume is often the first thing an employer sees when you are applying for a job or internship. This workshop provides excellent information about how to write your professional resume. 11 a.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Room 411

• Diversity Initiatives Committee Meeting. Diversity Initiatives is committed to fighting racism and bias and promoting acceptance of diversity. Check them out. 5 p.m. SUMC, Picacho Room
  • Tunnel of Oppression auditions. The Tunnel of Oppression is casting roles for a three-day production. Emotionally charged scenes will allow you to exercise your acting prowess. Individuals of all types are encouraged to audition. 7 p.m. El Portal, Conference Center
  • Lecture. The Africana Studies Lecture Series Fall 2006 presents research specialist Marcel Nzeukou, who will present “”Beyond Discrimination: Detecting Subtle Discrimination in Faculty Salaries.”” Noon. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S338
  • Voter registration table. The Associated Students of the University of Arizona and Arizona Students’ Association are giving you the opportunity to get ready to vote. 10 a.m. UA Mall

Entertainment

• Poker tournament. Ante up! Come try your hand at today’s poker tournament. 6 p.m. SUMC, Games Room
  • Film. “”Toga! Toga!”” The University Activities Board brings you a free screening of “”Animal House.”” If you haven’t seen this classic college party movie, it’s about time. 7:30 p.m. SUMC, Gallagher Theater
  • Concert. Tonight the UA School of Music presents “”The Multi-Media Show,”” a musical experience with lighting effects, projected visuals, interactive electronics and theatrical activities. Four of the works on the program were written for and premiered by renowned saxophonist John Sampen. Free. 7:30 p.m. Music building, Crowder Hall