Dusk Music Festival brings artists to the desert this weekend

Sydney Richardson

R.L. Grime performs his set at the 2016 Dusk Music Festival at the Rillito Park in Tucson.

This weekend, big-name artists and food vendors will flock to sunny southern Arizona for the Dusk Music Festival at the historic Rillito Park Race Track.

One of the founders of Dusk Music Festival, Page Repp, is also a UA alum from the School of Architecture.

“What sets us apart is our connection to Tucson,” Repp said. “We have local vendors, artists and musical talent. The festival is all about Tucson.”

RELATED: Campus Guide ’17: Concert venues highlight the city’s music scene

The festival’s Friday lineup consists of Big Sean, Madison Beer, Vince Staples, Dr. Sharshar & HVRLY, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Herm, Myndset and Lando Chill. On Saturday, performers include Steve Aoki, Louis the Child, Future Syndicate, Win and Woo, Powermix, Polica, Orkesta Mendoza, Milky Chance and Trackstar the DJ. There will also be meet-and-greets at the festival, so make sure to keep an eye out for contests you can enter.

The Dusk staff is taking precautions to ensure a safe festival.

“Dusk is working hand in hand with local law enforcement, private security, fire personnel and emergency medical technicians to ensure the safety and security of everyone there,” Repp said. “This is our highest priority; we want everyone to have a great time, safely.”

For those attending, remember to review the list of allowed and prohibited items for the festival. That list can be found on the festival website.

RELATED: HOCO Fest is expected to bring international talent to Tucson

There will be a variety of restaurants at the festival for guests to choose from. 

To cool down, guests can stop at Eegee’s for a slushie or at Frost for a gelato. Some more savory options include Empire Pizza & Pub or Greek House. 

Other restaurants that will be present at Dusk include Dante’s Fire, The Parish, Red’s Smokehouse + Tap Room, Reforma and Union Public House.

There are still tickets available for the Dusk Music Festival. 

One can purchase a one-day or two-day pass, VIP or general admission. 

In addition to festival admission, all VIP passes include entrance to shaded lounges, express entry lanes, a premium viewing area and private restrooms. 

As the festival dates come closer, tickets will go up in price. Ticket vendors will be on the UA Mall Wednesday, Oct. 4 and Thursday, Oct. 5 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Follow The Daily Wildcat on Twitter