Liaw captures Pac-10 Golfer of the Month

Henry Liaw
    Henry Liaw

Arizona junior golfer Henry Liaw was named the Pacific 10 Conference Golfer of the Month for the season’s combined months of January and February.

Liaw boasts an individual title at the Ping Arizona Intercollegiate and had a tie for 18th place at the John Burns Intercollegiate.

At the Ping Intercollegiate he shot a 9-under par for the tournament and went through a 4-hole sudden death playoff to come out the winner.

Liaw has had three top-20 finishes for the season and has been the Wildcats’ top finisher (either tied or outright) for the last three tournaments. Liaw has a season stroke average of 71.10, the best on the team.

“”Any time you win an award, it’s a great honor,”” Liaw said.

Liaw said that the recognition is not something that he will let go to his head for the next tournament.

“”I still feel the same, I’m just going to go out there and play,”” he said.

Arizona men’s golf assistant coach John Knauer said that he was happy for Liaw to be recognized as an individual.

“”Any time you can get individual recognition it just shows that what he is doing on and off the course is paying off,”” Knauer said.

Knauer said he thinks players take this kind of news in stride but use it as a confidence boost.

“”Our conference is great, and to be the best player in the conference is an honor,”” Knauer said.