ASU at Arizona: Staff Picks

So I used to be the idiot who picked Arizona to win every game, even contests the Wildcats were clearly overmatched in, like the USC game for example. Let’s just say that wasn’t working out too well for the Cats. So after they dropped to 3-5, I tried something new and started picking them to lose. Three wins later, you know the score. Let’s see if this works for a fourth game. By the way, how much less appetizing does the Las Vegas Bowl sound knowing the Wildcats would have to face the same Brigham Young squad they already beat in the season opener?

ASU 24, Arizona 21

Michael Schwartz
    sports editor

My win-loss record in staff picks this year resembles the win-loss record of the MudDawgs before Bobby Boucher. But I am so confident that this week’s pick of Arizona will be correct, that I advise you to stop what you’re doing right now and head to Las Vegas. And after you put down your life savings on the Wildcats, paying for the Las Vegas Bowl, where Arizona will be on Dec. 21 and where you can reside until then, will be chump change.

Arizona 35, ASU 10

Roman Veytsman
    assistant sports editor

Momentum is a crazy thing, and the Wildcats certainly have momentum on their side. The 80th edition of the “”Duel in the Desert”” features both teams sporting identical 6-5 records. The football gods are certainly smiling on the Wildcats for the time being, and if there is one thing I have learned during my many Madden battles, it is that you do not ever go against the football gods. Arizona clinches a berth in a bowl game behind the strength of its running game. Expect the fans to rush the field for the second time this season. Arizona football is going bowling!

Arizona 28, ASU 14

Cameron Jones
    staff writer