Date Book

Campus Events

• Lecture. Beatriz Manz, an anthropologist from the University of California, Berkeley, will present her experiences in Guatamala and the challenges she faced while working there. 3 p.m. Free. UA Museum of Art, Retablo Room
  • Lecture. Dr. Stuart Hameroff of the anesthesiology and psychology departments will discuss biology and how it fits into quantum mechanics. 4 p.m. Free. Arizona Cancer Center, Kiewitt Auditorium
  • Seminar. Mike Riehle of the entomology department discusses “”The Tangled Web of Insulin Signaling: Impacts on Aging and Reproduction in the Mosquito.”” 4 p.m. Free. Bio Sciences West building, Room 208
  • Seminar. Wayne Hayes of the School of Information and Computer Science at the University of California, Irvine, will present “”Outer Solar System Surfing the Edge of Chaos.”” Refreshments will be served in Room 401N of the Math building at 3:30 p.m. 4 p.m. Free. Math building, Room 501
  • Hygiene for Humanity. The Student Association for International Relief Effort (SAFIRE) will be all over campus today accepting donations and hygiene products to benefit the nation of Sri Lanka as it continues to recover from the devastating effects of the 2004 tsunami. You can contact SAFIRE through Neha Datta at ua_safire@hotmail.com. All day. Numerous campus locations
  • Entertainment

• Exhibit. “”On Our Own Time”” is an art exhibit showcasing the works of UA staff members. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Union Gallery
  • Film. “”Pan’s Labyrinth”” will be shown twice tonight. 7 p.m., 10 p.m. Free. Gallagher Theater
  • Film. “”The Passion of the Christ”” will be shown courtesy of the Newman Center. The showing will take place on the UA Mall. 8 p.m. Free. UA Mall
  • Interested in running an event in the DateBook? Send any questions, comments, or submissions to campus@wildcat.arizona.edu. All DateBook submissions must be recieved prior to 6 p.m. two days prior to the intended date of publication (e.g., A submission intended for Wednesday must be in Monday by 6 p.m.). The Arizona Daily Wildcat reserves the right to edit any submissions to the DateBook for clarity