Wildcat Picks of the Week: Five things to do this weekend

Rebecca Noble

Chefs cook unique foods in front of an audience during the La Cocina Mexicana: Many Cultures, One Cuisine show at the Tucson Festival of Books.

Tucson is a big melting pot of a city, and there are plenty of activities for everybody to find their niche. Here are a few things happening this weekend to check out.

UA Football game

The Arizona Wildcats will play the Oregon State Beavers at Arizona Stadium on Saturday, Nov. 11 at 8:15 p.m.  The Beavers’s overall record is 1-8 in the Pac-12 North, while the Arizona Wildcats stand at 6-3 in the Pac-12 South. This is a chance to support the Wildcats and show off your team spirit by wearing red and blue.

The Arizona Wildcats celebrate a late touchdown against USC.

UA Basketball

Northern Arizona University comes back to UA. This Friday, Nov. 10, at 6 p.m., the Arizona Wildcats play the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at McKale Center on campus. Fans can come and cheer their team on.  

Arizona forward Ira Lee keeps the ball away from Chico State defense on Nov. 5 in McKale Center.

The Loft Film Fest

This event is for the movie lovers, especially those who like independent, foreign and classic movies. According to their website, the Loft Film Fest was created in 2010 to show the best of independent, classic and foreign movies. It also shows the work of different directors, writers, producers and actors. This event will run Nov. 8-16, and may be worth checking out if you are a hardcore movie fan.

RELATED: Film at the Fence brings cinema to the border

The Loft Cinema, a long-time Tucson favorite, is located at 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Cuba Libre-Latin Dance Night

This is an event that is for anyone who is a dancer, or just likes to dance for fun. The event, 9:30-11:30 p.m. on Nov. 11 at La Cocina, is full of music and dancing. There will be a variety of music, including genres such as cumbia, boogaloo, salsa, mambo, cha cha, jazz jive, reggaeton and funk soul, according to the La Cocina website. There will also be silent movies, a live deejay and even magic. 

RELATED: Improving the environment through art

The Artists of the Southwest

This brand new fair will showcase tons of Southern Arizona artists, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 10-11 at the Rillito Racetrack parking lot. There will be a lot of food trucks and music. The different types of art being showcased include paper, mixed media, ceramic arts, painting, clothing, glass, jewelry, metal work, digital arts and more, according to the Visit Tucson website.

Follow The Daily Wildcat on Twitter