To get you through your weekend…

Wednesday

The University of Arizona Symphonic Band will be performing its final spring concert with the UA Trombone Choir. They will be performing music by composers such as Aaron Copland, Ralph Hays, Percy Grainger, Clifton Williams, J. S. Bach and John Williams. Crowder Hall, 7:30 p.m. $5.

Thursday

Even though they are relatively new to Tucson, The Modeens have settled in quite nicely and released their debut album, Take a Ride With The Modeens, last year to critical acclaim from Tucson Weekly and The Big Takeover magazine. The band will be celebrating the release of its new EP, “”Get With The Times,”” at Plush with local bands The El Camino Royales and The Swigs. 340 E. Sixth St. $5. 21+. Doors open 9 p.m., performance starts  at     9:30 p.m.

Friday

Comedian Patton Oswalt adds a healthy dose of self-deprecation to his sharp observations. His sense of humor hasn’t blunted even after getting married and having a child, if his latest album, My Weakness is Strong, is any indication. All ages (you should reconsider bringing children, though). Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St. Call 740-1000 or visit www.rialtotheatre.com to reserve your seats. Main floor seating $36, balcony seating $26. Doors open 7 p.m., showtime 8 p.m.

An entertainment staple in Las Vegas, the Blue Man Group stops by the UA’s Centennial Hall for five performances during the weekend as part of its national tour. $15-$69. All ages. 8 p.m. Times vary based on day of performance. Check www.uapresents.org or call the UApresents box office at 621-3341 for showtimes and ticket availability.

“”The Queen of Rockabilly”” Wanda Jackson proved that women could rock just hard as the boys with her nearly 60-year career. Her latest album, 2010’s The Party Ain’t Over, which consisted of covers and was produced by The White Stripes’ Jack White, disappointed many critics, but it showed that the 73-year-old Jackson was willing to take chances and have fun. Jackson will be stopping by Plush with Oakland, Calif.-based Americana band Red Meat kicking off the night. 340 E. Sixth St. $18. 21+. Doors open 9 p.m., show starts 9:30 p.m.

Saturday

The UA Poetry Center caps off the end of National Poetry Month with “”Young at Art Festival.”” While aimed primarily at the K-12 crowd, there are enough performances, readings and crafts at the daylong event to keep the adults entertained. For a complete schedule of events, visit poetry.arizona.edu/news-event/2011/april/young-art-festival or call 626-3765. Helen S. Schaefer building, 1508 E. Helen St. 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Free and open to the public.

Sunday

Time to brush up on your Tootsee Roll moves for the Fourth Avenue flash mob dance. Everyone is invited to join in for this free — and very public — event. The Fourth Avenue Merchants Association’s website, www.fourthavenue.org, even provides a link to a video on how to do the dance based on the 1994 song by the 69 Boyz. On Fourth Avenue between Seventh Street and Ninth Street, 1 p.m.

You have two weeks left to catch the Center for Creative Photography’s two current exhibitions, “”Ansel Adams: Arizona and the West”” and “”Face to Face: 150 Years of Photographic Portraiture,”” the latter of which showcases portraits by such eminent photographers as Gertrude Kasebier, Edward Weston, Dorothea Lange, W. Eugene Smith, Diane Arbus, Yousuf Karsh and Richard Avedon. North of the Harvill building. Open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Free with a suggested donation.

Monday

Tucson’s Bicycle Inter-Community Art and Salvage, also known as BICAS, will be on the UA campus for a Bike Drive. This two-week event is a joint effort with the UA’s Residence Life Sustainability Education program to reduce the number of abandoned bicycles on campus. Students can bring their unwanted bicycles and parts to the area between the Second Street Parking Garage and Student Union Memorial Center. Through May 13. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Just celebrating its second year, Meet Me at Maynards combines exercise, live music and socializing while giving walkers and runners a chance to enjoy what downtown Tucson and Fourth Avenue have to offer. Other forms of exercise such as yoga, zumba and pilates are also available at nearby venues at discounted prices. Participants can also get discounts and specials at participating restaurants. Maynards Market and Kitchen, 400 N. Toole Ave. Check-in begins 5:15 p.m. and lasts until 7. Visit

www.meetmeatmaynards.com for more information about rules and routes.

— Steven Kwan