Datebook

Campus Events

• Law lecture. The UA Law, Criminal Justice and Security Program/Criminal Law Association Lunch Speaker Series presents Jim Jacobs. 12:20 p.m. James E. Rogers College of Law building, Room 146
  • Writing workshop. Victoria Stefani will discuss “”Perfecting Punctuation.”” 5 p.m. Modern Languages building, Room 410
  • Foreign policy lecture. Laura Briggs presents “”The Salvadorization of Iraq,”” which will discuss U.S. foreign policy, specifically the Central American roots of the counterinsurgency tactics, torture and death squads now used in Iraq. 7 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202
  • History lecture. Part of the Arizona Archaeological and Historical Society Lecture, Joseph Ezzo will speak on “”Sojourns in the Foothills: The Trials of Ancient Human Adaptations in the Upper Reaches of the Safford Valley.”” 7:30 p.m. University Medical Center, DuVal Auditorium
  • GLBT workshop. The Center for Student Involvement and Leadership Fall 2006 Leadership Workshop Series presents “”Opening Doors to Understanding Lesbian, Gay, Bi-affectionate and Questioning Students.”” 5 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Sabino Room
  • Pi Kappa Phi stationary bike marathon. Win auctioned-off items and donate to PUSH America. All day and night. UA Mall
  • Project Converse. En donde ofrecemos una oportunidad para aprender y practicar hablar el inglǸs, ­GRATIS! Project Converse is a student-run organization that pairs up English speakers with those who want to learn and practice English. Project Converse offers an informal setting where you can work at your level and get one-on-one conversation practice for free. 5 p.m. SUMC, Picacho Room
  • Breast cancer fundraiser. The American Marketing Association will be selling baked goods and paper hearts and accepting donations for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Fundraiser. 10 a.m. UA Mall
  • Entertainment

• Free Tourney Monday. Come play in free tournaments every Monday night. 5 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Games Room
  • Monday Night Football. Enjoy Monday Night Football on the big screen for free. 5 p.m. Park Student Union, Dining Room