Police Beat: Feb. 9

Left in the dust

University of Arizona Police Department officers responded to a male student at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, who said that his dirt bike had been stolen. The student first called his friends to see if this was a prank, but none of his friends said they took his bike. He called his fiancee and asked her if she had moved the bike because she had the only other key, but she also said no. The student said that the bike was light enough that two men could easily lift it into a truck. The bike was a black Kawasaki KLX 2500 in fair condition, with a green gas tank. The bike’s owner appraised it to be worth more than $4,500.

To the window

UAPD officers responded to a call that a UA employee made at 6:22 a.m. on Monday. The employee was taking out the Main Gate Parking Garage’s trash when he noticed a damaged Jeep Cherokee. The employee noticed that the window of the driver’s side had been smashed by a large rock. Officers came to the scene and searched the surrounding areas for suspects, but did not find any. They evaluated the vehicle and noticed that there was nothing stolen from the car. The ignition had not been damaged either. There was no other damage to the vehicle. Officers suspected that the rock was thrown by a student or people passing by with the sole intention of breaking a window. There is no further information at this time.

Missing money

A student withdrew $300 dollars from Wells Fargo and went to the UA Mall to play volleyball with friends on Monday. She placed her belongings and purse on a bench near the Mall. Around 4:15 p.m., she told her friends she was going to catch the bus. She gathered her belongings and rode the bus home. When she got home and went to take the $300 from her wallet to put it in a safe place, she saw that her wallet was missing. She immediately called UAPD and Wells Fargo to report a theft and to put a hold on her credit cards. The student checked her online statement and noticed someone had already used the Wells Fargo card at Fry’s to get gas and spent $45. A Wells Fargo representative said the company will reimburse her the $45, and UAPD is currently in the process of gathering tapes from Fry’s gas pump on First Avenue.

Damaged door

UAPD officers reported to the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity at 5:10 p.m. on Monday after receiving a report about damage done to the house door. The officers responded and talked to members of the fraternity. The members said that they thought a fellow fraternity member caused the damage. The vice president of the fraternity said he saw one of the members slamming into the door once or twice, but was not paying enough attention and did not realize the extent of the damage. The fraternity is still unsure if they are going to press charges on the alleged suspect. UAPD officers are following the investigations with more detail. Nothing was stolen from the fraternity house.