Date Book

Wednesday, June 11

? Today is the last day to register for classes for Summer Session I. Call 621-3432 or visit www.registrar.arizona.edu for more information.

? Mars: Quest for Life on The Discovery Channel, 10 p.m. This hour-long episode breaks down the UA Phoenix Lander mission, which reached the Red Planet’s surface May 25.

Thursday, June 12

? Department of Surgery Resident Graduation Scientific Research Day, hosted by the department of surgery. Seven graduating general surgery chief residents will be presenting 15-minute presentations of their research. At 1 p.m. keynote speaker and 2008 Distinguished Alumnus Dr. Gary L. Dunnington will present “”Evaluation of Performance or Bowling without Pins.”” 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. Admission is free and lunch will be provided. Call 626-7219 for more information.

Monday, June 16

? Arizona Archaeological and Historical Society Lecture. Thomas Sheridan will discuss “”Landscapes of Fraud: Mission Tumacacori, the Baca Float and the Betrayal of the O’odham.”” 7:30 – 9 p.m. Call 577-6079 for more information.

Saturday, June 14

? Fathers of the Year Awards Dinner & Gala, 5:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. The Father’s Day Council of Tucson will celebrate five exemplary Tucson fathers at the 14th Annual Fathers of the Year Awards Dinner & Gala at Loews Ventana Canyon, 7000 N. Resort Drive. Cocktails, a silent auction and dinner will be held. There will be a live auction during the program as well. Admission: $175 per person. Tables of 10 available for $1,750. For more information, contact Lori Stratton at 626-7799 or e-mail Stratton@peds.arizona.edu.