If the University of Arizona had a time capsule…

Provost George Davis:

“”I have accumulated an array of lapel pins since 2000, when I became provost. What I will (mention) is a small assortment, but it gives a flavor of UA in this particular part of history.””

• “”A regents professor medal. I became regents professor before becoming provost, but I’d (place the medal in) because of how important it is, I believe, for a provost to be an academic.””
    • “”An American flag as a reminder of 9/11.””
    • “”A pin of intersecting circles to commemorate the nursing faculty we lost to a murderer.””
    • “”An array of pins that will represent diversity, including a Pascua Yaqui pin and a Final Four in 2001.””
    • “”An honorary Bobcat pin because I became an honorary Bobcat during this period.””
    • “”College pins, such as Eller, CALS, Education, reminding us of the fundamental academic mission.””

Maurice Sevigny, dean of the College of Fine Arts:

“”I would put in clones of James Rogers, Mel Zuckerman and Carl Eller, who have made such an impact across the whole university and for so many units including the fine arts.””

President Robert Shelton:

“”There is a picture (in my office) that has been passed down from president to president, of a buckaroo with a famous quote, ‘There were a helluva lot of things they didn’t tell me when I hired on with this outfit.’ It was passed to me from President Peter Likins, who got it, I believe, from Manuel Pacheco.””

Toni Massaro, Dean of the College of Law:

• “”The casebook I currently use for my Constitutional Law class. The law is a long curve, and it’s always interesting to visit the thinking of the past when considering present-day problems.””
    • “”A golden ceremonial shovel. We just broke ground on a major renovation, our most significant such project in more than three decades. Whoever opens the time capsule should be reminded that part of their job is to build for future generations.””
    • “”My bottle of Mylanta, for two reasons: First, I doubt it ever goes bad, and second, because I can’t imagine the job of being dean will be any easier in 50 years.””