Numerous Numbers

Main Number: 5

• Losses at home this season for the No. 19 Arizona men’s basketball team after getting swept
      by the Los Angeles schools this weekend.
  • Most home losses since 1986-87
  • Amount of losses Arizona has had the three previous years combined in McKale Center, in 45 games
  • More Numbers:

• 23: Number of points former Arizona Wildcat Gilbert Arenas scored in the first round of the 3-point shootout Saturday during NBA All-Star Weekend festivities in Las Vegas, two short of the all-time record.
  • 15: Consecutive losses for the ASU men’s basketball team, before the Sun Devils beat No. 22 USC yesterday. It was the longest losing streak in ASU basketball history.
  • 9.75: Number of runs the Arizona baseball team averaged in its first eight games of the year, all wins.
  • 4: Number of runs the Arizona baseball team scored in three games this weekend against No. 12 Cal State Fullerton, two of them losses.
  • .048

• 0.48: Texas Tech’s batting average against UA softball pitcher Taryne Mowatt in four career games, including two losses this weekend.
  • 0: Hits softball pitcher Mowatt allowed in Friday’s win over Texas Tech. It was the third no-hitter of her career.
    Also the number of wins the UA men’s basketball team has this year against the Los Angeles schools, the first time the Wildcats have gotten swept since 1982-83, when UA head coach Lute Olson was still at Iowa.
  • Trivia Question: Who was the last top-five team Arizona beat?

Trivia Answer: Illinois, on Dec. 4, 2001. Arizona won 87-82.