Sexual Predator On The Loose In Queens

A man is attacking women and trying to sexually assault them in Queens, according to New York City Police.

The first incident happened March 26 at approximately 9:30pm near Rockaway Blvd and 158th Street. The victim was a 20-year-old woman. Last Friday, police say the same man assaulted a 24-year-old woman around 1:50 a.m. near 135th Avenue and 220th street. The women’s injuries are unknown at this time.

Residents living near where the latest attack happened in Springfield GardensQueens, say they are immediately changing their routines. Latrisha Douglas, a mother of two young daughters, says “”I’m concerned because I have a 16-year-old who travels in the mornings by herself to school and in the evenings by herself to school…I’m going to be taking her to the bus stops in the mornings and meeting her at the bus stops in the afternoon.””

Ezra Nash adds, “”I have two sisters, 19 and 21, and I don’t want to worry about them walking to the store…have them feel like their lives are in danger.””

Another neighbor tells PIX11 the woman in the Springfield Gardens incident screamed and her attacker was scared away by another neighbor.

Police are looking for a black man, ages 18-22, in connection with those attempted sexual assaults in Queens. They have released a sketch of the man.