Butts hires 1st w-hoops asst. coach

Brandy Manning
    Brandy Manning

UA head coach Niya Butts began filling her Arizona women’s basketball team coaching staff with the addition of Brandy Manning, Butts announced Friday.

Manning, 29, is a former assistant for the Central Florida women’s basketball teams and will serve as Arizona’s recruiting coordinator.

“”Brandy Manning is an absolutely awesome addition to our program,”” Butts said through the UA. “”Brandy is one of the hardest workers I know and his work ethic shows in everything he does from recruiting to coaching on the court.

“”I know he will do a tremendous job in recruiting and he will be instrumental in our program’s success in the future,”” Butts added.

Manning, a Stockton, Calif., native, brings more youth to the staff – Butts, 30, is the youngest coach in the Pacific 10 Conference.

Along with recruiting at UCF, Manning took the role as a de facto perimeter player coach.

“”I am very thankful to receive this opportunity to coach at a great university like Arizona,”” Manning said through the UA. “”I am looking forward to working with coach Butts and I am excited for what the future holds for this program.””

Prior to UCF, Manning spent time as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at Murray (Ky.) State and assistant coach at Miller Grove (Ga.) High.

Manning graduated from Clark Atlanta, and spent two years as a graduate assistant at Louisville from 2003-05.

“”Arizona is an outstanding school across the board and I can’t wait to get it done and make things happen here,”” Manning said.