Calendar: Tucson and Campus

Thursday:

The Gris Gris – A newspaper in Portland, Ore., said this about the band: “”The Gris Gris is a shallow, roaming band of broke alcoholics who can’t pull themselves out of the ’60s long enough to see that psychedelia was fucking dumb.”” I guess that sums it up. With Blood Feathers and Golden Boots. 9:30 p.m. $8. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. (21+)

Friday:

First Friday Shorts – This local film festival is pretty fun to watch because it doesn’t really screen any of the shorts before they play on the big screen. Just about anything can make it up there, which makes it much easier for the dullards to crack jokes and pretend they’re actually funny for one night. 9 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Saturday:

Viva Arizona! Concert: 100 Years of Hispanic Musical Memories – This night of music and dance will feature electronic slide projections of historic photographs, a movie directed by Tucson native Javier Trujillo, a live band, dancers and more. It’ll have everything but the cocina sink. 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. $15 to $25. Centennial Hall

Tucson Fetish Heat – This fetish extravaganza has taken over Hotel Congress with its bondage furniture, swords/knives, Pussy Posse Girls Fetish Burlesque, flesh hook suspension and lots of other cool stuff. Hey, maybe you’ll see a politician! 8 p.m. $15. Hotel Congress, 311 E. Congress St. (21+)

Sunday:

Elisa Gastellum Memorial Foundation Tardeada Dinner and Dance – Every time I look at the word Tardeada, I can’t help but notice it has the word “”dead”” in it. I hope that doesn’t have anything to do with this Hispanic celebration dinner. Watch out for the fish tacos. 3 p.m. $10. El Casino Ballroom, 437 E. 26th St.

Monday:

Four Views of Arizona – Saguaros, starving immigrants, dirt, rotten trash: What’s not to love about the landscapes of Arizona? Four artists have portrayed our state, and they’re showing their work in this free gallery. 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free. Mo’s Gallery, 3650 E. Fort Lowell Road

Tuesday:

Bowling for Soup – I think this band did that incredibly annoying “”1985″” song that came out last year. Hey, it’s a Tuesday night, there’s nothing else to do! 6 p.m. $15 day of show. Club Congress. 311 E. Congress St.