Date Book

Campus Events

• Faculty Senate meeting. Faculty governance at the UA functions under the constitution and bylaws of the general faculty. 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Free. College of Law
      building, Room 146
  • Writing workshop. Victoria Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program discusses “”Getting Started: The Process of Writing and Overcoming Writer’s Block.”” 5 p.m. Free. Modern Languages
    building, Room 410
  • Steward Observatory public lecture. James Peebles from Princeton University discusses “”The Expanding Universe.”” 7:30 p.m. Free. Steward Observatory, Room N210
  • Justice for all. Students for Bio-Ethical Equality hold an exhibit. 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. UA Mall
  • Blood drive. The Red Cross is holding a blood drive. 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. UA Mall, Cherry Avenue pullout
  • Student discussion group. The Social Justice Leadership Center is hosting a free-flowing open forum discussion regarding social justice. UA students only. 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial
    Center, Justice Leadership Center
  • Art exhibit. “”The Violent Reality Between Empathy and Indifference”” features paintings by Marilyn Volkman. All day. Free. SUMC, Kachina Gallery
  • Multimedia exhibition. “”Interrupted Life: Incarcerated Mothers in the United States”” addresses the facts and experiences of incarceration in the United States. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Union Gallery
  • Entertainment Events

• Free advanced screening. Gallagher Theater presents an advanced free screening of the movie “”Smokin’ Aces.”” 7 p.m. Free. Gallagher Theater
  • Unlimited pool. Show your moves all night. 8 p.m. $4. Student Union Memorial Center, Games Room