Williams’ NBA decision to come Thurs.

Freshman forward Marcus Williams will issue a press release on Thursday regarding his decision to declare for the NBA draft. Williams said he is still unsure whether he will declare but that he will answer all questions on Thursday.

“”Marcus doesn’t even know what he’s gonna do,”” Williams said Sunday afternoon.

Williams, a projected “”top-20″” pick according to assistant coach Josh Pastner, averaged 13 points per game last season.

“”I’ve seen my game grow tremendously here under this coaching staff,”” Williams said.

Williams said “”money is not really an object”” in his decision and that the main factors were “”the opportunity to play at the next level”” and whether his game has grown enough to fit in the NBA.

Williams officially has until April 29th to make his decision.

Williams has been in talks with his family, his high school coach and Arizona head coach Lute Olson and is “”trying to get the most information I can possibly get.”” He said the state of the team next season would also be a factor.

“”We have a good team coming back,”” he said.

Foxsports.com reported Williams would declare for the draft, but associate head coach Jim Rosborough could not confirm the report, saying the coaching staff doesn’t even know yet.

McClellan out till October

Sophomore guard Jawann McClellan, a medical redshirt this season, underwent successful knee surgery Wednesday to repair cartilage in his right knee. McClellan will likely not be ready for the team’s trip to Canada on Labor Day weekend, but hopes to be ready for the start of practice in October.

“”They just went in and cleaned things out,”” said McClellan in a statement released by Arizona Athletics. “”I feel good about how it went and am looking forward to getting healthy and back on the court.””

McClellan played in two games this past season before tearing a ligament in his left wrist. The wrist was surgically repaired Jan. 19. He averaged 4 points and 1.5 rebounds in the two games.