Staff Picks: Arizona at Oregon

Kevin Zimmerman, sports writer
    Arizona not getting up for an Oregon game is about as common as the phrases “”Ron Artest”” and “”successful rap career”” appearing within the same sentence. But let’s be clichéd for a moment. Autzen Stadium is the most formidable venue in the Pac-10. Arizona can’t contain a semi-mobile to mobile quarterback. Oregon’s spread offense is great! How’s that for hyping up an Oregon win Saturday? In light of going 0-for-2 in my staff picks career, UA fans should hope I’m wrong yet again.

Oregon 35, Arizona 31

David Blattman
    We all remember Arizona’s huge upset over No. 2 Oregon last season. We all remember Oregon QB Dennis Dixon leaving the game with an injured knee. Look for that strong defense to continue this weekend as UA faces a Ducks offense that will not be able to put up good numbers against the Wildcats. UA is allowing only 19.1 points per game, and QB Willie Tuitama is leading the offense to an average of 39.1 points per game. Tuitama is having his best season yet with 16 touchdowns and 1,993 passing yards and is playing in a game in which he should have the advantage over the defense.

Arizona 24, Oregon 17

Ari Wasserman
    Two of Arizona’s three losses this season have come from opponents the Wildcats had no business losing to – New Mexico and Stanford – because they felt comfortable with their situation. Arizona could fall into a stupor again, having qualified for its first bowl game in a decade. While Oregon is certainly a big game and a new rivalry, given the recruiting overlaps and Arizona’s big win last season in Tucson, I don’t see the Wildcats looking past the Ducks this time. Oregon may be in a better place in terms of Pac-10 standings right now, but Arizona will give them an unforgettable present in Eugene.

Arizona 31, Oregon 28