Facebook an open window to Hutaree militia

DETROIT — Members of the Hutaree Christian militia have posted several photos from recent weddings on Facebook, with many of the wedding party members now charged with attempted use of weapons of mass destruction.

Images posted to the public account ofTina Kelley— charged Monday as the recently marriedTina Stone— show her wedding to Hutaree ringleaderDavid B. Stone.

The wedding party, including a small child, can be seen carrying assault rifles during the event.

More photos can be seen from the March 13 wedding ofJoshua M. Stone, 21, andShannon Witt.

Dressed in the militia’s camouflage garb, the new groom posed for photos with his father David. The images are posted to the account ofKaren Belcher.

David B. Stone, also charged Monday, used the social network to share the news earlier this year of the birth of his son Elijah.

One photo shows the 19-year-old using a fishing pole toy to entertain his newborn with a caption that reads: “”Well I went fishing, And I caught something…. To bad I cant put it back.””

The militia itself also maintains an open Facebook profile and has 33 friends.

It took to the social network on March 2 to share the Bible verse John 15:13.

“”Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.””

The Christian militia group planned to kill a police officer sometime in April and kill many more at the officer’s funeral, according to federal authorities.