The Student News Site of University of Arizona

The Daily Wildcat

104° Tucson, AZ

The Daily Wildcat

The Daily Wildcat

 

Overcooked food sets off fire alarm in Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall

Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall was evacuated at 8 a.m. on Friday, due to overcooked food setting off the hall’s fire alarm, according to Melissa Valenzuela, a University of Arizona Police Department officer.

Nicolas Woolstenhulme, a freshman studying molecular and cellular biology and a resident of the dorm, said that the dorm was evacuated once the alarm went off. Even though it was supposed to be a full evacuation, he said, some of the residents still stayed inside.

Woolstenhulme said that this is not uncommon, and that it has happened a lot since he has lived in the hall.

None of the residents were hurt when the overcooked food burned, according to Valenzuela.

More to Discover
Activate Search