MLB RECAPS

D’backs fall to Giants 9-7

PHOENIX -Mark Sweeney drew a bases loaded walk to force in the go-ahead run and Pedro Feliz added a two-run double to lead the Giants to a 9-7 victory over the Diamondbacks last night.

It was the second time in four days that the Giants blew a big lead and then won in the ninth inning.

In the series opener Monday night, the Diamondbacks spotted San Francisco a 7-0 lead after three innings. Arizona rallied to take a 9-7 lead but the Giants came back to win 10-9.

Last night, San Francisco led 6-0 in the fourth inning. But Arizona tied it at 6-6 when catcher Johnny Estrada hit a three-run home run in the eighth inning off Tim Worrell (2-0), who blew his first save in seven chances.

Barry Bonds, who did not start for the second straight day, was intentionally walked as a pinch-hitter in the ninth to load the bases before Brandon Medders (0-1) got Ray Durham to pop out to third. Sweeney then walked to score Steve Finley. Feliz followed with a double off reliever Luis Vizcaino to make 9-6.

Chad Tracy added a solo homer in the ninth off Worrell for the final score.

The NL West-leading Giants earned a split of the four-game series with Arizona, which went 4-6 on its 10-game homestand.

San Francisco jumped ahead 5-0 in the first inning against Claudio Vargas. Randy Winn led off the game with a single, Omar Vizquel bunted for a hit and Finley walked to load the bases with no outs.