Datebook

Campus Events

• BRAVO! Datablitz. Maria Trissal and Alicia Ortega will present their research titled “”Green Neurons in a Green Land”” and “”Development of Novel MRI Methods to Detect Tumor Cell Proliferation in Vivo,”” respectively. 4 p.m. Life Sciences South building, Room 340
  • Richard Avedon lecture. David Ross, a close friend of photographer Richard Avedon, will examine 12 photographs and explore the work of the artist. 5:30 p.m. Center for Creative Photography, Auditorium
  • Concert. The UA Wind Ensemble presents its second concert of the 2006-2007 academic year. Free and open to the public, this concert will feature classic and modern works. 7:30 p.m. Music building, Crowder Hall
  • Steward Observatory Public Evening Lecture. Free and open to the public, Michael Cushing will present “”Brown Dwarfs and Extrasolar Planets.”” 7:30 p.m. Steward Observatory, Room N210
  • Archaeology lecture. The Arizona Archaeological and Historical Society Lecture presents John Madsen, who will give a lecture titled “”In Search of Spanish Trails.”” 7:30 p.m. University Medical Center, DuVal Auditorium
  • Thanksgiving dinner. Enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixins and none of the cleanup! Roasted Turkey with stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, yams, choice of vegetable, roll, pie and a 24-ounce soda, just $7.25 plus tax while supplies last. 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Park Avenue Market, Highland Market
  • Holiday bake sale. Pick up delicious baked goods just in time for the holiday! 10 a.m. Student Union Memorial Center, On Deck Deli
  • Entertainment

• Free Tourney Monday. Come out for free tournaments every Monday night. 5 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Wilbur’s Underground, Games Room
  • Monday Night Football. Enjoy Monday Night Football on the big screen. 5 p.m. Park Student Union, Dining Room
  • Free screening. Come check out a free advanced screening of “”Freedom Writers.”” Starring Hillary Swank, “”Freedom Writers”” is the story of first-year high school teacher Gruwell, who is assigned to teach at-risk or unteachable students. 7 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Gallagher Theater