Ziggy Marley brings love to Tucson

The first born son of Bob and Rita Marley, Ziggy Marley has been surrounded by reggae music for his entire life.

Assuming the throne of reggae royalty was therefore only natural, much to the delight of fans across the world.

In his second visit to Tucson, Marley said he has returned to spread a very important message.

“”We’ve got to spread the message of love, and we will keep coming to Tucson to spread the message,”” Marley said.

At one point an integral member of the Melody Makers, a group comprised of Marley children Ziggy, Stephen, Cedella and Sharon, Ziggy said he has enjoyed the experience of venturing out solo since the band is no longer together.

“”It is a growing process, it’s a process that has just opened me up and opened up my mind to new things and new experiences. It is a growing process but it has been good so far,”” Marley said.

Dabbling in other various areas like the silver screen in his 2004 role as “”Ernie,”” a rastafarian jellyfish featured in “”Shark Tale,”” Marley said he is interested in staying involved in the movie-making industry, this time as a screenwriter or director.

“”I am interested in coming up with concepts for movies, movies that have meaning. The fact that all of music, I am interested in writing visual things that carry some kind of message.

In writing songs for Love is my Religion, Marley tried to incorporate the message of love, and said that god, the spirits, and nature served as great points of inspiration

Marley, who has been married two years and has four kids, said the success that each of the Marley children have found independently is a testament to their individual creativity.

“”When we’re writing, its not about the fans, we are just letting the creativity flow. We all have a lot of creativity and we let it out, you know?””

Although Love is my Religion took one year to record, Marley said he does not have current plans to create a new album.

“”I’m just concentrating on going around and getting this one to the people,”” Marley said.

“”My motivation is the understanding that there is a purpose to what I’m doing,”” Marley said, “”I’m really motivated because I know what I am doing there is a reason behind it; a higher purpose. Love is what I’m about. That is my entire self.””