Police Beat

A 21-year-old student was arrested for a misdemeanor warrant Feb. 26 around 10 a.m.

He was clocked at 53 mph and pulled over for speeding while traveling north on North Euclid Avenue near East Lee Street.

The warrant was issued from Tucson Police Department for assault.

The student was booked into Pima County Jail.

A UA employee reported a stolen vehicle from the west parking lot of the Arid Land Studies building, 1955 E. Sixth St., Feb. 26.

The woman said that her green 2002 Dodge Ram was stolen sometime between 9:15 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. There was no debris left where the vehicle had been, and there were only manual locks on the truck.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police found vending machines and buildings vandalized along the 1600 block of East University Boulevard at 11:30 a.m. Feb. 25.

Black and red graffiti was painted onto the west side ramp at McKale Memorial Center, 1721 E. Enke Drive, and the east side of the Meinel Optical Sciences building, 1630 E. University Blvd.

A Pepsi vending machine and a candy vending machine were also painted, and police believe the incidents may be related.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Two 18-year-old students and a 17-year-old student were cited for underage drinking Feb. 14.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer saw the students at about 1 a.m. in the Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall parking lot, 940 E. Fifth St.

Two of the girls were carrying the third. The carried girl had glassed-over eyes, could not hold her head up and had foam coming from her mouth when the officer made contact.

One of the other students told the officer that the girl had been drinking vodka and had been sent to the hospital twice before for alcohol consumption.

The student, an 18-year-old, was transported to University Medical Center for alcohol poisoning and was later released.

A student reported that her car had been vandalized between 10:15 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. Feb. 23 while parked in a lot, 421 N. Cherry Ave.

The right side of the trunk lid of her tan Toyota Corolla had “”gang-style graffiti”” written in black marker on it.

It appeared that someone had already attempted to wash the graffiti off.

Nothing was stolen from the vehicle.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A brown leather wallet was turned by a custodian to UAPD Communications at midnight March 1.

The wallet was found at the Harvill Building, 1103 E. Second St., and contained money, a CatCard and various other cards.

UAPD attempted to notify the owner of the wallet via e-mail.

A gray DAP Microflex-CE240 handheld computer was turned in to UAPD by an anonymous person at 11:30 a.m. Feb. 28.

The handheld computer was listed as lost. Police attempted to contact the owner at the phone number given without success.

A university employee reported her keys were lost sometime between 12 and 5 p.m. Feb. 21.

She noticed the keys were missing when she was leaving the Education building, 1430 E. Second St. The UA employee checked Lost and Found in the building, but the keys were not there.

The keychain had brown leather strings with purple, black and clear beads on it and held Chevy car keys, office keys and file cabinet keys. The keys also had a lavender bottle opener attached.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu