Numerous Numbers

Main Number: 21 1/2

• Consecutive scoreless innings for baseball sophomore pitcher Preston Guilmet.
    • The scoreless streak includes his first-career complete game shutout Saturday against Northern Colorado.
    • Over his last two starts he is 2-0 with a 0.00 ERA, 23 strikeouts and five walks in 17 innings pitched to improve to 5-0 on the season.
    • Orel Hershiser holds the major-league record at 59 innings

Other Numbers:

1001 Games won at Sancet Stadium by the baseball team. The Wildcats won their 1,000th Saturday against Northern Colorado. Their first win on the field came in 1967 against Cal Poly Pomona.

39.425All-around score for gymnastics junior Karin Wurm, a career high.

14 Rebounding advantage for Florida against Oregon in the Gators’ win as they reach the Final Four for the second straight year. Chris Richard of Florida had all six of his rebounds on the offensive end.

10 Amount in dollars former UA guard Gilbert Arenas bet two fans in Portland that he would make the game-winning shot against the Trailblazers if he had the chance. Arenas did have the chance but missed and his Washington Wizards lost. The NBA scolded Arenas for the bets.

5 Consecutive losses to ASU for the women’s tennis team. The Sun Devils hold a 31-17 all-time advantage. Arizona last beat the Sun Devils in 2004.

4 Consecutive losses for the men’s tennis team. Arizona has taken just four of its last 28 games in losses to San Diego State, ASU, USC and UCLA.

3 Wins by the run rule for the softball team in its three game sweep of New Mexico. The Wildcats won by a combined margin of 32-3.

Trivia Question: Which baseball team holds the program record for consecutive scoreless innings?

1 Hits in previous 20 at-bats for sophomore outfielder T.J. Steele entering this weekend’s series against Northern Colorado. He went 7-for-15 with five RBIs in the series and hit a game-winning, two-run home run yesterday in the 12th inning.