What to Watch

Editor’s note: Looking for something to do tonight? Here’s this week’s pick in a semester-long series where the Wildcat gives you the inside scoop on what you can’t miss each weekend at home in the world of Arizona Athletics.

By now you’ve heard about it. So why not check the football team out tomorrow night at 7:15 when they kick off the season against Brigham Young?

Even if it wasn’t the only home athletic event this weekend, it might as well be. This is one game you can’t miss: Two star quarterbacks will butt heads when Arizona’s super sophomore Willie Tuitama takes on BYU’s senior John Beck.

A few of Mike Stoops’ new toys will be on display tomorrow, including the Terrells (wideouts Terrell Turner, No. 84, and Terrell Reese, No. 11), and a soon-to-be household name in Louis Holmes (No. 1 on defense), who will line up at defensive end.

The seeds to the answers of some questions for the season will also be planted tomorrow: How good can Arizona’s secondary be, and how will it handle the challenge of a quarterback like Beck? How much of an impact will the running back trio of Chris Henry, Chris Jennings and Xavier Smith have? And, finally, could this be the season that the Wildcats head to their first bowl game since 1998?

This one’s expected to be a sell out in both the student and general public sections, so be sure and head to the stadium early. If you want to ensure a seat, the Wildcat recommends giving yourself at least 20 to 30 minutes before kickoff.