Datebook

LECTURES/WORKSHOPS

• Mental health discussion group. This discussion group is facilitated by trained students and is for students who want to discuss mental health issues. Issues can range from school stress to serious mental illnesses to having a friend/family member with a mental disorder. This discussion will be led by the participants. 6 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, San Pedro Room
  • Graduate writing workshop. Victoria Stefani of Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss “”Becoming a Trail Guide: Building the Literature Review.”” 4 p.m. Psychology building, Room 205
  • SAMEC Outreach Seminar. “”Education Reform at the State Board: Myth or Madness.”” John Pedicone will discuss the need for highly skilled professionals in American public schools and for communication among state, university and school districts with leadership. 3:30 p.m. Education building, Room 318
  • Pizza with a Professional – Careers in Forensics. Come and eat pizza and hear from professionals and members of the University Community about careers in Forensics. Noon. SUMC, Rincon Room
  • Weight Watchers meeting. The at-work program for weight watchers will host its weekly meeting. Noon. Engineering building, Room 301
  • ENTERTAINMENT

• Sneak preview. “”Running Scared.”” This action movie starring Paul Walker is free. 7 p.m. Free. SUMC, Gallagher Theater
  • UA MALL EVENTS

• UA Study Abroad Fair. Information about study abroad options will be available on the Mall from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • KAMP on the Mall. KAMP Student Radio will be on the main stage from noon to 1 p.m., bringing you the sweetest campus sounds around.