UA students take AXE to dirtied selves on Mall

Marketing junior and ASUA President Tommy Bruce gets doused in mint syrup while taking part in the AXE Shower Gel event.  The event was on the UA Mall yesterday to promote AXE and The Worlds Dirtiest Film.
    Marketing junior and ASUA President Tommy Bruce gets doused in mint syrup while taking part in the AXE Shower Gel event. The event was on the UA Mall yesterday to promote AXE and “”The World’s Dirtiest Film.””

Students got down and dirty before getting cleaned by “”Angels”” in an promotional activity held at the east end of the UA Mall yesterday.

The AXE Shower Gel activities course began with students covering themselves in body paint before entering the Human Sundae station, in which an bathing suit-clad “”AXE Angel”” dumped sundae toppings on the participants.

Students then rolled down a hill of grass and mud before washing off with AXE in an oversized shower facility, assisted by another Angel.

The event was unforgettable for Mike Harmon, an undeclared freshman.

“”That was way fun. I had hot girls in bikinis showering me off,”” he said. “”That was the most hands-off shower I’ve ever had in my life.””

The course was a pleasant surprise and a great way to end a difficult day for physiology senior Vijay Vora.

“”I didn’t expect it to be that much fun,”” he said. “”I wish all showers were like that.””

The course runs were part of a promotion for “”The World’s Dirtiest Film,”” a short video presented by comedian David Spade.

A video clip of “”Jimmy Kimmel Live!”” regulars Veatrice and Guillermo tackling the course was inserted into last night’s pre-taped episode of the ABC late-night show.

A selection of the best clips submitted for “”The World’s Dirtiest Film”” competition will show on “”Live!”” Nov. 14, according to an AXE spokesperson, who refused to be identified citing a company policy about spokesperson anonymity.

The event was followed by comedian Jeff Ross’s performance in the Grand Ballroom of the Student Union Memorial Center, during which he joked about college life and took jabs at audience members.

Ross then introduced each of the 14 UA finalists of the Jimmy Kimmel Live! College Comedy Competition.

“”It’s been fun being here, and this is a nice campus,”” Ross said. “”I always like working with new comedians.””