Police: Man killed after driver plows vehicle into home

A man faces intoxicated manslaughter charges after the vehicle he was driving veered off the road and crashed into the bedroom of an apartment complex, killing a 19-year-old man who was sleeping inside the home, Police Chief Victor Rodriguez said.

McAllen police responded to the collision about 2:15 a.m. Sunday in the 6700 block of North 7th Court after 21-year-old Benito Reyes, of McAllen, plowed through a fence and into the home, Rodriguez said.

William Moquecho, 19, died as a result of the collision that ended in his bedroom and police believe alcohol was a factor, Rodriguez said. There were other family members at the time of the wreck, but no one else was injured.

Reyes, who is expected to be formally charged today, was driving in the alley near the complex when the incident happened, police said. Investigators will reconstruct the scene to learn more about the collision.

Naxiely Lopez covers law enforcement and general assignments for The Monitor. She can be reached at (956) 683-4434.

Check back later for updates.

McALLEN –A man was charged with intoxication manslaughter after the vehicle he was driving veered off the road and crashed into the bedroom of an apartment complex, killing a 19-year-old man who was sleeping inside the home, Police Chief Victor Rodriguez said.

William Morquecho, 19, died as a result of the collision that ended in his bedroom and police believe alcohol was a factor, Rodriguez said. There were other family members at the time of the wreck, but no one else was injured.

Reyes, who was arraigned of Sunday, was driving in the alley near the complex when the incident happened, police said. Investigators will reconstruct the scene to learn more about the collision.