Datebook

EVENTS/LECTURES

• Job workshop. What are you doing next summer? How about an excellent summer job or internship with a great employer? This workshop offers information about awesome summer experiences and tips on how to land one. Noon. Student Union Memorial Center, Career Services Suite 411
  • “”Where Does the ‘T’ Go? Developing a Sense of Place for Transgender People.”” 5 p.m. SUMC, Ventana Room
  • Writing workshop. “”Getting It Together and Keeping It Together: The Craft of Cohesion.”” 5 p.m. Psychology building, Room 207
  • The character of race relations and class in Tucson. A discussion of how these factors fit into the wider political economy: jobs, education, health care and housing. 7 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202
  • “”Stellar Necropsy: White Dwarfs and What They Tell us about the Lives of Stars.”” 7:30 p.m. Steward Observatory, Room N210
  • Historical society meeting. Phillip O. Leckman, a UA graduate student in anthropology will discuss visibility, performance and power at the Marana platform mound. The platform mound played a central role in the organization of the Hohokam society during the classic period. 7:30 p.m. University Medical Center, DuVal Auditorium
  • ENTERTAINMENT

• Concert. “”Hope in Distance.”” Noon. Free. Stage between the SUMC and Second Street Parking Garage
  • Chess tournament. 6 p.m. $3 entry. SUMC, Wilbur’s Underground, Games Room