Police Beat

A student’s FM radio, GPS receiver, compass/clock and AC Converter were reported stolen from his vehicle parked outside Sky View Apartments, 1050 E. Eighth St., sometime between Jan. 30 and 12 p.m., Feb. 2, reports stated.

The student said he left the window rolled down about two inches and did not have an alarm on his 1994 Blue Mercury MGL.

The student realized his vehicle had been burglarized when he was leaving town at about 12 p.m. on Feb. 2, but waited to report it until he got back on Feb. 4.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A man was arrested for stealing a white bicycle Feb. 3 at 1:03 a.m. North Euclid Avenue and East Caddie Street, reports stated.

The man was identified by two students who saw a black male wearing a black leather jacket, sweat pants and a black and gray beanie steal a bike outside Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St.

UAPD police responded to the witness’ call and found the suspect matching the description less than a half-mile away from Coronado Residence Hall.

Police stopped the suspect and ordered him to sit down. The suspect put his hand to his mouth.

The officer saw “”a small baggie”” on the suspect’s tongue.

He asked the suspect to spit out the baggie. The suspect did not cooperate so the officer tried to force the suspect’s jaw open.

The man swallowed the baggie and denied there were drugs in it.

It is still unknown what the baggie contained.

The suspect was traveling with a black bag containing a hammer. The hammer was placed into police evidence.

A man was arrested for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving under the influence Feb. 3 at 6 p.m.

Police spotted a gray sedan traveling on East Eighth Street from North Highland Avenue on the wrong side of the street and swerving. The vehicle almost hit parked cars on either side of the street.

The man had an odor of alcohol and marijuana on his breath.

When asked for a driver’s license, the suspect said, “”I don’t have one,”” in slurred speech.

“”It’s suspended from Phoenix,”” he said.

Police were unable to give a blood-alcohol content test and could not perform other tests due to the man’s inability to sit on the curb or stand without falling down.

When police asked the suspect whose vehicle he was driving, the suspect said, “”I don’t know, I found it.””

Police asked the suspect, who had red eyes, if he had suffered any head or eye injuries.

“”They cut them out for diamonds,”” the suspect said, referring to his eyes.

When trying to conduct the light-pen test, the suspect said, “”It’s disappearing.””

Upon searching the vehicle, the police found several mason jars of marijuana, as well as a baggie of marijuana in the suspect’s pocket.

When the owner of the vehicle was contacted, she said she did not know the suspect and had left the vehicle at Bob Dobbs’ restaurant, 2501 E. Sixth St., while she went to the Gem Show.

She left the keys to the vehicle under the seat so that her husband could pick up the vehicle.

The owner said she would press charges. She has not attempted to get her vehicle out of the impound.

A student at Graham-Greenlee Residence Hall, 1418 E. Fourth St., reported the theft of her Sandisk Mp3 player, silver TI-84 plus calculator and $600 from her dorm room 9 p.m., Feb. 3.

The student said the theft had accumulated from Oct. 1 to the present to add up to the total of what was stolen. She believes her roommate stole the items from her purse while she was sleeping.

The victim’s roommate denied the accusation and allowed UAPD to search her side of the room, where they found nothing.

The victim said she had never confronted her roommate and had never seen her roommate take any of the items.

A $7,000 bicycle was reported stolen from outside the UA Student Recreation Center, 1400 E. Sixth Street, on Feb. 3, some time between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m.

The student said he used a cable and a master lock to lock up his black and yellow Jeep Commanche Sport mountain bike on the west racks at the Rec Center.

The bike is not registered with UA parking and transportation services.

The student said he does not want to press charges, he just wants the bicycle back.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu