Calendar: Tucson and Campus

Today

Mat Kearney – Mat Kearney uses a combination of country and rock to serenade his fans. Also, he lost one of the “”T””s from his name back in ‘Nam, so try not to touch on the subject if you meet him. 8 p.m. $15 advance, $16 day of. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Ghostland Observatory – Electro punk is best described as Depeche Mode on crack, and that’s what Ghostland Observatory plays, only worse. 9 p.m. $8. Solar Culture, 31 E. Toole Ave.

Tomorrow

Carlos Mencia – The best comedian to make a career out of deprecating Latinos since Cheech and Chong. 8 p.m. $25 to $55. Casino Del Sol’s AVA Amphitheater, 5655 W. Valencia Road

Soul Asylum – Remember that video they did with all the missing children? My mother used to threaten me with a spot on that video if I ever misbehaved. 7 p.m. $15. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St.

Saturday

B.A.M. – The Big Arizona Music Festival is a downtown event featuring popular rock artists like Dengue Fever and The Deludes. At around the same price as Club Crawl, however, I would hope they have better drink specials. 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. $8 advance, $10 day of. Main Gate Square, Fourth Avenue and downtown

The Zombies – A classic ’60s British Invasion band. I haven’t seen The Zombies since they institutionalized me back in ’94 and put me on a triple dose of Ziprasidone HCl, but from my recollection, they were a bit creepy. 7 p.m. $5. Living Room, 413 E. Fifth St.

“”The Karate Kid”” – I heard a story once about a kid who tried doing that crane-kick to a bully, but just ended up getting tripped and landing flat on his face. The nurse told it to me, in fact, right after I regained consciousness. 10 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Sunday

HelloGoodbye – I find this band to be much more frank than its rival band, “”Hello How Are You? Great! Goodbye.”” 6 p.m. $15. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St.

“”The Pirate Queen of the Caribbean: The British Empire Strikes Back”” – I guess if you’re a fan of pirates and cheesy “”Star Wars”” references, then this high-spirited parody of a certain summer movie is your thing. Personally, I think this is the lamest play title ever. 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. $5 to $8, discounts available. Live Theatre Workshop, 5317 E. Speedway Blvd.

Monday

Stefan George – A talented local acoustic act. I wonder if the poor guy knows he was named after a famous German poet who loved young boys. 9:30 p.m. Free. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St.

Tuesday

Runway 2006 Fashion Show – A fashion show by the Tucson Design College highlighting the works of graduating designers. Let’s hope staircases don’t start randomly collapsing. 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. $10. Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf and Tennis Resort, 10000 N. Oracle Road.

Wednesday

Big in Vegas – Irony in its saddest form. Big in Vegas isn’t even big in Tucson, but at least they sound fun. 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. $3. The Hut, 305 N. Fourth Ave.

Diversity art reception – This art gallery reception “”explores”” diversity in the United States, focusing on the fact that the country is a melting pot of different ethnicities, cultures and politics. And hey, they probably will have free wine! 7 p.m. Free. WomanKraft Art Gallery, 388 S. Stone Ave.

– compiled by Brett Avram