Calendar: Tucson and Campus

Acclaimed Tucson songwriter Nick Luca is seen here in a pensive moment. Maybe hell catch you in a pensive moment when you go see him at Plush tonight.
    Acclaimed Tucson songwriter Nick Luca is seen here in a pensive moment. Maybe he’ll catch you in a pensive moment when you go see him at Plush tonight.

Today

• Oktoberfest! – Sprechen sie drunk? More than 90 arts and crafts booths, live entertainment and, most importantly, beer. Today from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Tomorrow from noon to 11 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.; Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. $3, free for children under 12. Hi Corbett Field at Reid Park, 3400 E. Camino Campestre.
  • Luca – Indie-rock love ballads that are sure to make your heart palpitate. Well, if you’re a chick. 9:30 p.m. Free. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. (21+)
  • Tomorrow

• Krazy Native, Seth Mul, the Lab Munkz – I would imagine anyone would have to be crazy to be a native of this town, but this one is so loopy that he spells his name with a “”K.”” That’s insanity! 11 p.m. $5. Vaudeville Cabaret, 110 E. Congress St. (21+)
  • “”Raiders of the Lost Ark”” – Take a trip back to the times when Harrison Ford was young, the Nazis still played villains in movies and George Lucas hadn’t started bastardizing all of his movies for profit. Afterward, keep an eye out for “”Indiana Jones 4″” in the coming year (no joke). 10 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.
  • Saturday

• Kool Shades CD Release Party – You have to wonder: Just how kool are his shades? Apparently so cool that they manage to transcend grammar. 6:30 p.m. $5. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St.
  • Green Lady Killers – It’s a good thing we don’t have too many green ladies in Tucson, otherwise this band might just be tempted. 9 p.m. $5. Surly Wench, 424 N. Fourth Ave.
  • Soda Pop Magazine Release Party – Plush will be celebrating the release of hte new Soda Pop magazine. The evening will feature a fashion show by The Hang Up, the musical talents of The Deludes and a special guest appearance by Brett Avram. 9 p.m. $7. Plush, 340 E. 6th St.
  • Sunday

• Race Against Space, Saint Rorschack and A Particularly Vicious Rumor – I don’t know about the other guys, but A Particularly Vicious Rumor sounds like they could be pretty damaging to your typical high school cheerleader. Kind of like the herpes rumor I started about that skank Lysandra freshman year. That’s right, that was all me. 9:30 p.m. $5. Vaudeville Cabaret, 110 E. Congress St.

Monday

• Del Tha Funkee Homosapien – Del describes himself as an alternative hip-hop artist. Aside from his solo career in the hip-hop industry, which was aided by his cousin Ice Cube, Del has also appeared in both Deltron 3030 and Gorillaz. 9 p.m. $21 in advance, $26 day of. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Tuesday

• Free Wine Tasting – Free wine, yo (that means it doesn’t cost anything). 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Free. Hacienda del Sol, 5601 N. Hacienda del Sol Road. (21+)
  • Pope Benedict, Partial List of the Saved – I love the sacrilegious just as much as the next filthy atheist, but these band names are just getting redundant. 7 p.m. $5. Living Room, 413 E. Fifth St.
  • Wednesday

• Lostprophets – It should surprise you to know that Lostprophets is actually a British band that just sounds American. Yeah, right, I’ve been using that line at bars for ages. Extra point for yet another religious name. 7:30 p.m. $16 in advance, $18 day of. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.
  • Magnolia Electric Co. – I’m not too fond of electric companies since Tucson Electric Power decided to charge me a $500 deposit just because I hadn’t paid them in three months. But as long as this band can abstain from raping my wallet, I might just give them a try. 9 p.m. $6 in advance, $7 day of. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St.
  • -Compiled by Brett Avram